Viral and Social Video
Viral and social videos have incredible power to instill trust in viewers and propel your brand awareness to new heights. Viral videos differ from traditional commercials in that they don’t make a hard pitch. Instead, they give the viewer a glimpse into how you think, what your knowledge level is, and the “personality” of your company. Most of your future customers will research you online before bringing their business to you. Viral/social video is the 21st-century version of a handshake, and if people aren’t able to connect with you in this way, they may not connect with you at all.
US Logo’s video team puts some of Wichita’s most respected marketing and filmmaking professionals in your stable. Call (316) 264-1321 or email email@example.com to take your organization to the next level.
Q: What kinds of viral/social videos can I make?
A: Many types of videos have viral potential:
- Product demos and overviews – Want to improve sales on a specific inventory item? Share it with people in a video. They want to see the real thing as they approach a purchase decision, and this research is done online, predominantly via video content.
- Product unboxings – These are amazingly popular on Youtube, and seeing someone take a new product out of the box intensifies the excitement of making a real-world purchase.
- Industry news to your customers and prospects – Keep your customers caught up on industry news and information that adds value to the ways they can use your product or service.
- Inside knowledge to start new conversations with your customers – The specialized knowledge in your head is valuable to your customers; RocketCinema is an easy way to share selected pieces of that knowledge and demonstrate your validity as a product or service provider.
- How-to/tips-and-tricks videos – There’s no better way to build credibility than to show how much you know about what you do. Whether for big projects or small fixes, people search for how-to videos on YouTube, increasingly on mobile. 91% of smartphone users turn to their devices for ideas while completing a task.
- Anything you want to talk about that connects you with the culture of your buyers – When you talk about any kind of interest you share with your target audience, you become human and credible to them. When you demonstrate commitment to a cause, your community, or even a hobby that’s peripherally related to your product, you create a level of trust that’s essential to brand development in our video-connected world. If you offer computer products to gamers, talk about gaming. If you style hair, give an opinion on fashion. If you’re a corporate attorney, share ideas on tax law trends and how they can be leveraged. You already think about these things; all you have to do is collect your thoughts and share them to open the door to new customer relationships.
Q: Do I need millions of views to benefit from viral video?
A: Only a small handful of Youtube stars and high-end brands receive huge amounts of Youtube views, but these kinds of numbers aren’t necessary to realize a significant return on your video investment. When a viewer makes the decision to click on your video, it indicates a very high level of interest. When they watch your video, they are 85% more likely to make a purchase from your company. Even modest numbers of highly qualified viewers can significantly improve sales.
When video is natively posted to Facebook, the news feed algorithm favors it significantly over a Youtube video linked on the platform. Even with modest views, the sharing of a Facebook video is a personal endorsement from one person to another—the Internet equivalent of a word-of-mouth referral, which is one of the most credible forms of brand promotion.