MightyWraps Truck and Car Wraps Make a Big Impression
A vinyl wrap (or MightyWraps, as we call it) is an adhesive, “second skin” applied over your vehicle’s paint. It’s a great way to renew or customize the look of your vehicle without painting it, or to display an eye-catching advertising message that would be many times more expensive if applied with paint. Many business owners choose this high-impact form of advertising to make their company vehicles stand out on the road, providing as many as 40,000 brand impressions per day at a cost as low as 70 cents per thousand impressions. Whatever your purpose, vinyl truck and car wraps offer endless color and design options.
Check out this video for tips about vinyl wrap design and graphic info placement…
MightyWraps is a division of US Logo Companies, and the MightyWraps crew includes some of the best vinyl wrap professionals in Wichita, KS.
Why Get a Vinyl Truck or Car Wrap?
Great advertising visibility is one of many reasons a car wrap can make sense. A vinyl wrap also protects the paint, which helps maintain resale value. Note that it’s important to get a high-quality car wrap with professional installation, if you plan to remove or replace the vinyl in the future.
Hajoca Mack Truck Full Coverage Semi Truck Wrap
Your vehicle’s paint can be dulled and damaged over time by ultraviolet rays from the sun, as well as from road debris and even atmospheric chemicals. A second vinyl “skin” protects the paint from these elements and keeps it in great condition. When a vinyl panel is compromised by road debris or environmental factors, you can replace the damaged panel, which costs far less than a paint job.
Wraps can be applied over old or new paint to make your vehicle look new again in a matter of hours. You can apply a new color to your vehicle, add graphics, or choose from finishes that are not even available from paint manufacturers. The options are endless.
Is a Vinyl Wrap Cost Effective as Advertising?
Think of a vinyl wrap as a moving billboard that grabs attention everywhere it goes. Truck and car wraps broadcast your company graphics to everyone who sees your vehicle as you drive to meetings, sit at traffic lights, and park in front of your home and work place. Many people will see your message several times a week, and this repetition is crucial to brand marketing. With the potential for 40,000 impressions every day, a vinyl wrap is one of the most compelling and least expensive forms of advertising for businesses with local customers.
What Should You Put on an Advertising Wrap?
Think of a vinyl wrap as a moving billboard; the design rules are the same when you craft your marketing message:
- • Keep it simple with very little text. Like a billboard, people often have only a few seconds to absorb your message. The fewer words you use, the better.
- • Rely on images to make an eye-catching statement. Your logo, company colors, and simplicity of design usually make the fastest, cleanest branding statement.
- • Get help with your design. Our design department has deep experience translating brand graphics to the vehicle vinyl wrap medium. Let the experts guide you—even provide sample designs to choose from. The process is easy. Fun, too.
Call now to get started: tel:1-316-264-1321.
What can Vinyl be Applied To?
MightyWrap vehicle wraps can be applied to OTR trucks, cars, vans, trailers, boats, food trucks, buses, tractors and heavy equipment, and motorcycles, as well as buildings, packaging and virtually anything else with a hard, nonporous surface. Vinyl graphics offer high impact at a reasonable cost in unlimited applications.
What Types of Wraps are Available?
MightyWraps offers many looks and finishes that are just not possible with paint, including carbon fiber, wood, brushed metal, and chrome. Patterns can be anything you imagine, from full camouflage to leopard spots to racing stripe accents.
The 3M™ 1080 Series vinyl we use provides striking finishes and bold colors that set them apart from other materials. The 1080 Series is available in more than 80 types of finishes, including:
- • shade-shifting films
- • flaked gloss
- • matte metallic
- • matte chrome
- • brushed
- • carbon fiber
- • much more
The 3M™ brand promises quality, reliability, service—and comes with a warranty.
How Much of My Vehicle can I Wrap?
The short answer is: as much as you want. Full wraps cost more than partial wraps, as you might guess, but it really depends on your goals for the vehicle. Here are some options:
- • Complete paint coverage (full wrap) – A full wrap gives you coverage from bumper to bumper, providing maximum design potential for advertising. It’s also the right option if you’re looking for a complete vehicle make-over.
- • Protective wrap – This is ideal for shielding vulnerable parts of your vehicle from road debris, like the hood and front bumper. We offer clear wrap materials that let the original paint show through while protecting these areas. Partial advertising wraps are also ideal for people on a budget, and they still allow you to choose from all of the same vivid finishes and colors options as if you were doing a full wrap.
- • Partial and accent wraps – You can cover only specific areas of your vehicle to achieve a specific look. A roof, hood, or cockpit-style wrap allows you to create contrasting color combinations to accent the original paint job. Vinyl wraps also give you the option to create a custom design of your choice for the hood or roof. This can be a texture, a graphic, a pattern, or an accent design. For example, you can mimic the look of a carbon fiber hood, as found on race cars without paying the high cost of actual carbon fiber. Or choose a contrasting cockpit-style wrap for the canopy to emulate the “super car” look.
- • Spot graphics – This is a great option for businesses. Spot graphics allow you to place your company logo, contact information, or even your business license number on any side of a car, truck, van, or bus.
How a Vinyl Car Wrap is Applied
Vinyl is applied to your car or truck one panel at a time. Each section is tightly adhered to the panel, then trimmed to fit. The result is a custom vinyl car wrap (or truck or bus wrap) that looks as clean and flawless as the original paint — but with many more design options.
Types of Car Wrap Printing
Vinyl printing is done in two ways: digitally printed and pre-cured. Each material has its advantages, depending on your goals:
- • Digitally Printed Car Wrap – This type of wrap provides endless graphic options. If you want patterns or designs, this is the way to go. Digitally printed vinyl begins as a base white, which we run through our large-format printer to apply the art. Need help with graphics? Give us a call. The people in our design department are creative, affordable, fast, and fun to work with.
- • Pre-cured Vinyl Car Wrap – Pre-curing the vinyl allows us to chemically bind the color to the vinyl, and it offers an option not available in digitally printed car wraps: texture. This process works great for solid colors, but doesn’t allow printing of graphics. Pre-cured is a very reliable option for “repainting” large areas with a wrap.
Types of Vinyl Wrap Material
Vinyl wrap material comes in two forms: calendered vinyl and cast vinyl. Each is a good option for certain applications. Let’s take a tour:
- • Calendared vinyl is created by pushing a moldable vinyl wrap compound through rollers. It sort of “squirts out” a sheet on the other side which has a very consistent thickness. This method produces a rugged vinyl, but it’s not very flexible. If you’re wrapping commercial trailers or vans with lots of flat sides, this many be a cost-effective option. Calendared vinyl can last up to 7 years on the road.
- • Cast vinyl is basically baked like a brownie. The vinyl “batter” is poured into a high-tech cookie sheet, then placed in the oven. This process yields a very flexible film that can be slightly stretched and molded over the topography of most any vehicle. It costs more to “cook” vinyl this way, so it’s more expensive. The application process is also more involved, so that adds to the cost. But cast vinyl is the standard for most vehicles, and it’s still a very cost effective form of local brand advertising compared to most other media. Cast vinyl can last up to 12 years on the road.
What About a Do-it-Yourself Car Wrap?
Technically? You could probably do it yourself. Of course, you could probably cook a perfect Eggs Benedict, given enough time, but it’s easier to let professionals do some things, when you want them done right. Here are the basics of what we do:
- • We start with a very clean car. A very, VERY CLEAN car. We’re talking Karate-Kid clean because any wax, dirt or chemical residue on the paint will weaken the adhesion of the vinyl. You’ll get bubbles and peeled edges… it’s not pretty.
- • Manipulate the vehicle art with software that sections it and reshapes it so that the finished design will “paint” the right picture on your vehicle.
- • Assign a crew. Vinyl wrapping is not a two-handed job—or at least it’s many times easier with more than one person. If you do this yourself, call a friend with dexterous hands and a decent eye.
- • The last step is application. Vinyl is not a forgiving medium. It’s not like duct tape, where you can peel it up and try again. Vinyl application is a craft that doesn’t offer second chances.
MightyWraps are a Great Way to Customize Your Vehicle
MightyWraps is one of Wichita’s most trusted providers of vehicle wraps. We stand behind our work, and our people make the experience fun. Whether you need vehicle wrap advertising or just want to spruce up your ride, MightyWraps, a US Logo Company, is South Central Kansas’ vinyl vehicle wrap headquarters.
Vinyl Wrapping – What It Is and Why It Could Be For You
Do you want to return your used car to its shiny showroom glory, or are you hoping for a more unique, custom look? Are you good with your hands and looking for a weekend project you can show off around town, or do you prefer to leave it up to the professionals? Are you a business looking for a way to reach out to new customers? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, vinyl wraps may be just what you’re looking for. We’re here to answer all of your burning questions – from what vinyl wraps are, to the different types available, to why you can benefit from their use. And, hopefully, we will give you a little inspiration along the way.
Click here to read more…
Why should you select MightyWraps to help grow your business?
- Our business… is GROWING your business!
- A MightyWraps vehicle gets the most bang for your buck – your car, truck, motorcycle, ATV, van, boat or even party bus could be seen by tens of thousands of potential customers on a daily basis.
- Even when your vehicle is just sitting in a parking lot, it is working hard to advertise for you.
- You pay for a vinyl wrap once and it works for years. A typical wrap lasts 4-7 years – and you can get the information changed.
- That means you get 3-6 years of solid ROI on your wrap. Car wrapping is a great investment.
- In most cases, you can have a wrap custom designed, printed, and installed within a 2-week time-frame.
- You bring your car, truck, ATV or boat to us clean, and we return it to you completely wrapped. Custom vinyl wraps, racing stripes, window graphics, installed carbon fibre, vinyl lettering and more. MightyWraps is Wichita’s vehicle wrap headquarters.
MIGHTYWRAPS TELL US ABOUT YOUR PROJECT
MightyWraps and Vinyl Wraps for All Vehicles
“MightyWraps isn’t your typical vinyl wrap company! Our affiliation with US Logo changes everything. US Logo understands brand management and the role your vehicle wrap plays. Sure your graphics will be creative and memorable but more importantly, they will also be effective. Your vehicle wrap is an advertisement that needs to target the right audience. If you want to grow your business, you don’t just want any old wrap, you deserve MightyWraps from US Logo.”
Thinking of a vehicle wrap?
“We are honored you are considering MightyWraps – vehicle wraps, where your feedback isn’t just important, it’s absolutely critical. Do you find our site difficult to navigate, wish we were open weekends, or would you like to see DIY videos? We want to hear from you, so don’t hold back, give it to us straight. It is through the comments and criticisms of our customers that many of our policies have been improved.” ~TJ Smith President~
“We are not just another Wichita-based “print/sign shop”
MightyWraps isn’t just another Wichita-based “print shop” that lists wrapping vehicles as one of its many services. Focused on vehicle wraps since it came on the scene in 2005, Mighty Wraps has become well know as Wichita’s go-to source for vehicle wraps. Innovative design, quality installs, and knowledgeable staff combine to provide a wonderful customer experience.
“Why consider working with a company operating out of a rented garage?” All MightyWraps employees are full-time career-oriented professionals that have chosen vehicle wrapping as their discipline. Trade show instructional classes, technical workshops and the latest educational videos combined with hands-on training sessions provide MightyWraps employees with tools those part-time home based guys can only dream of.
Backed by Industry leader US Logo, MightyWraps operates out of Wichita, KS.
No SEO “Gimmickry” here, MightyWraps isn’t like those out of town shops that exploit the web to appear to be located in Wichita KS. We are proudly located inside the enormous 24,000 sq. foot US Logo facility at 520 N. West street, here in Wichita, Kansas.
Types of Vehicle Wrap Film
With the popularity of vinyl film car wraps, vinyl manufacturer’s like 3M, continue to expand their product offerings. When you want your car, truck, boat, van, or box truck wrapped, consult the staff at MightyWraps.
We have a great understanding of the characteristics of each vinyl wrap film and will explain the benefits versus the drawbacks of each, to aid in selecting the ideal film for your needs. Popular options now include carbon fiber vinyl wrap, metal textured finishes, and camo vinyl wrap. Need a black vinyl wrap? We offer both a matte finish and high gloss black vinyl wrap. The gloss finish is selected most often when car advertising is your goal.