7 Reasons You Should Be Using Video
Video is now the standard way people get to know you before they buy from you. Are you leveraging the fastest growing sales tool on the Internet? Here are just a few of the reasons it should be part of your marketing arsenal:
- 1. YouTube viewership is rising 60% per year.
- 2. By 2017, video will account for nearly 74% of all consumer Internet traffic.
- 3. Video attracts two to three times as many monthly visitors to a website.
- 4. 91% of smart phone users turn to their devices for ideas while doing a given task.
- 5. 59% of senior executives prefer video over text.
- 6. YouTube on mobile reaches more 18-34 year olds and 35-49 year olds than any cable network in the US. Double that number when you include non-mobile users.
- 7. YouTube has 1 billion users, roughly 1/3 of the Internet with 4 billion views per day, 1 billion of them on mobile devices.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How does video help my search engine results?
A: Video content can triple website visits compared to text content. Including video on a landing page can increase conversion rates by 80%.
Q: How does video fit into social media?
A: Video is a preferred engagement method on all social networks. Video placed natively on Facebook (compared to YouTube videos linked on Facebook) receive:
- 2X more clicks
- 3X more shares
- 7X more comments
- 2X more reach
Q: Should I be using video in my email campaigns?
A: Absolutely. Video improves click-through rates by 200 – 300%.
Q: Why use video for corporate communications?
A: Video is preferred over text by 59% of business executives for communication when used for internal or client communications. When a video is used for business-to-business marketing, 65% of executives visit the marketer’s website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video.
Q: Are traditional commercials still useful in the Internet age?
A: Absolutely. A well-crafted commercial creates positive brand awareness on the air and on the Internet. Viewers—millennials, in particular—have attained a high comfort level with advertising as part of the media environment. According to NIELSEN Wire, 36% of online consumers trust video ads. According to the Online Publishers Association, 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
Q: Should nonprofits be using video?
A: Video is a uniquely compelling tool for nonprofits. Every cause has stories behind it, and video is the most dramatic way to share the passion and importance of your vision. 90% of users say that seeing a video about a cause is significant to the decision process of whether to support it. When the word “video” is used in the subject line of an email, open rates double.